Manx Wildlife Week 2019
Saturday 4 May
– DEFA Guided Walk, Santon Gorge and Port Soldrick ASSI, 2pm – 4pm. Book you place here
– Himalayan Balsam Walk with the Friends of the Neb at The Raggatt, 11am – 12pm. Book your place here
Sunday 5 May
– Greeba Mountain Guided Walk with Shaun Gelling (DEFA) on Central Hills ASSI, 10am – 2pm. Book your place here
Monday 6 May
-Bank Holiday activities at Curragh’s Wildlife Park – please visit to their website to find out more.
– Blooming Bluebells with Manx Wildlife Trust, Ramsey Hairpin, 2pm – 3.30pm. For booking please visit the Manx Wildlife Trust Facebook page
– Wildlife Workshop with MSPCA & Friends, 4pm – 6pm. Book your place here.
– Conservation and Farming Talk with Manx National Farmers Union, iMuseum, Douglas, 7pm – 9pm. Book your place here
Tuesday 7 May
– Guided Walk at The Ayres with David Wright (Warden), 10am – 12pm. Book your place here.
– Nature Tots with Manx BirdLife Watch, Peel 10am – 12pm. Information available soon.
– How We Are Saving Our Seas, 6.30pm – 8pm, iMuseum. Book your place here.
Wednesday 8 May
– Bird Watch with Manx BirdLife, Peel, 9.30am – 11.30am. Book your place here.
– Bird Watch with Manx BirdLife, Niarbyl, 1pm – 3pm. Book your place here.
– The ASSI’s (Areas of Special Scientific Interest) of the Isle of Man, talk by DEFA, 7.30pm – 9pm. Book your place here.
Thursday 9 May
– Herbal Spring Cleanse – Using therapeutic plants to revitalise after the winter months with Jane Prescott at Cregneash: 1pm – 3.30pm, tickets £25. Book your place here.
– Marine Drive Walk with Manx BirdLife, 9.30am – 11.30am. Book your place here.
– Fly Walk with Steve Crellin, Ballaugh Plantation, 1.45pm. Book your place here.
– Beginner’s Course in Butterfly Identification with Manx Wildlife Trust, iMuseum, Douglas, 7pm – 8.30pm (This session is aimed at adults.) Book your place here.
Friday 10 May
– Simon King – Public Lecture, Manx Museum, 7pm – 9pm (doors open at 6pm), tickets £15. Book your place here.
Saturday 11 May
– A Morning with Simon King, meeting 8am at King William’s College carpark, tickets £50. More information to follow soon. Book your place here.
– Rockpooling with Manx Wildlife Trust, Douglas (slipway opposite the bottom of Summerhill), 9.30am. Book your place here.
– Manx Beekeeper’s Association Open Day, Marown Old School, 2pm – 5pm. Please register your interest here.
– Manx Bat Group Walk, Poyll Dooey, Whitebridge Car Park, 8.45pm. Book your place here.
– Manx Rivers; Past, Present & Future, 12.30pm – 4pm. Book your place here.
Sunday 12 May
– Guided walk with Kate Hawkins, Cregneash, 10am – 12pm. Book your place here.
– Japanese Knotweed with Friends of the Neb, 1.30pm – 2.30pm. Book your place here.
– UNESCO Biosphere – Voices for Our Future, 12.30pm – 2.30pm, Manx Museum Lecture Theatre. Book your ticket here